What is Monkeynastix?
Our creative and engaging approach to movement encourages children to learn and develop in a safe, FUNtastic environment! Monkeynastix is a broad-based, holistic programme that combines creativity and music with basic training in flexibility, balance, strength, agility, co-ordination and body awareness. Your child will love and learn from each energy-packed session.
How does Monkeynastix work?
Monkeynastix offers three separate curriculums for ages 1-2, 3-6 and 7-8.
A qualified instructor will come to your child’s nursery, school or public venue to run one fun-filled session per week.
Sessions run for 30-45 minutes (age dependant), including a warm-up to music, stretch and tone, and working with specialized, age-appropriate equipment.
Aspects of Development
Movement education can be described as the process through which children are taught to move by taking complex movement skills and breaking them into their basic components.
At Monkeynastixs we have developed our programme around 6 themes that we incorporate into every lesson. Each theme has a basic level skill that it taught.
Positive Re-enforcement Through Recognition
We believe in rewarding children to build their self-esteem:
- Each child receives a special sticker or hand-out at the end of every session.
- A Monkeynastix participation certificate will be awarded to your child.
- At the end of each year, your child will receive an awesome Monkeynastix medal. Learning healthy living habits can be fun!
- At Monkeynastix, we reinforce what you are doing at home by incorporating the following into our sessions:
- Emotional intelligence (e.g. respect for yourself and others)
- Social skills and Good manners (e.g. please and thank you, waiting your turn)
- Environmental awareness (e.g. conserve water)
- Healthy habits (e.g. brushing teeth, sun protection, hygiene)
Open the Door to Learning
- Create opportunities for your child to move and participate.
- Remember that every time your child is active, the door to learning opens.
- Your involvement, encouragement and support is important.